A Liar's Guide to the Dreams..

In the dead of the night, the dreams come in one by one. They cling to you with soft acceptance, and they know it all..

These are the dreams which leave a note of remembrance. They cling to our tongues like a bittersweet delight.

They feel familiar, though their flavour melts in the mouth... and taste distinctly unusual.


October 23, 2008

Ek Haseena Thi....

I love the film. Karz. NO NOT WITH THE MULTIPLE 'Z' Starring a certain Nasal Man. He did not do justice to a masterpiece that was Subhash Ghai at his best. Rishi Kapoor at his full glory.

"Mere Umar Kee.... Naujawano..."

I used to love that song. It was such a power trip for me. I saw that movie at "Santosh" Cinema when I was 6. I think, the second ever movie that I saw on big screen. That film had run there for 39 weeks when it was first released, and then, it was re-run 10 years later, when I saw it. House was still FULL. People were dancing when the songs came up. Everyone sang the parody of Dard-E-Dil with relish...

"Pehle toh main shayar tha,

Shuor banaya apne."

And then they saw everything, mesmerised. They loved the people who watched and whooped and sang with them. Its such a powerful film, well-made and well-thought out. It made the absurd storyline seem normal. And Simi Garewal. Oh Simi. You were so Beautiful. I never did like you when you shed fake tears and daintily wiped them off in your talk show. But there... I was in love with you. Six years of age.

I wanted her. Not Miss Tandoori Nights.

Disclaimer: I am yet to see the Karzzz with lotz of "Z".I am biased because I love Simi Garewal. I will be seeing the movie again shortly. And I shall love it. As usual.

No comments: