A Liar's Guide to the Dreams..

In the dead of the night, the dreams come in one by one. They cling to you with soft acceptance, and they know it all..

These are the dreams which leave a note of remembrance. They cling to our tongues like a bittersweet delight.

They feel familiar, though their flavour melts in the mouth... and taste distinctly unusual.


May 07, 2008

Hero

Hold it tighter

Your knuckles white

Against the slickly advertised phone

Your hair cut in a strange crop

You are the model of greatness

When you run with them.



Who are they you ask?

Why, those who love you!

Your perfect abs and hips

Your devil-may-care smile

And all the girls die at the drop of a line...


Come to them.

They will

Feed you the Dionysian fruits

And I shall watch them,

My hair unbound, the way you like it

My face unmoving and strong,

I gave you my all,

And tonight you are strange

The perfect locks of your hair shaking

When your gaze falls on me



And its all there. Its all there in

The precious darkness where nothing else works,

Only you and I cling

In that darkness I call insecurity.

4 comments:

notgogol said...

Just noticed you had linked Aamir Khan's blog. He gets 1248 comments for a "i am injured" post. I am jealous.. but then again I am no Aamir.. On a different note, you should charge Dorabjee for publicity , or at least negotiate for free food :)

Heathcliff said...

oi oi.... blog dekhish... nothing important though.

Macadamia The Nut said...

I confess... Duh-me only understood the last part, but even that felt like TRUTH!
Love the way you write

Poorna Banerjee said...

notgogol - Very strange, for the poem was partly inspired by aamir khan's new hairstyle.

Cliffe - i came. i saw. I shall hit u right in the jaw the next time i see you.

Macademia - you DO know i have a thing for macademia nut-chocolates.