A Liar's Guide to the Dreams..

In the dead of the night, the dreams come in one by one. They cling to you with soft acceptance, and they know it all..

These are the dreams which leave a note of remembrance. They cling to our tongues like a bittersweet delight.

They feel familiar, though their flavour melts in the mouth... and taste distinctly unusual.


May 11, 2008

Its A Steal!!

I have lost the cellphone again.

A thief stole it while stealing other things as well. Like my purse and my I-pod.

Apparently I had a conversation with him while I was sleeping.


It went like this.

[Middle of the night. I feel hands rummaging through my side. Sleepily I begin]

Me: (Ke?) Who's this?

Thief: Ami.(Its me.)

Me: Ami? Ami Ke? Ar Phone Nichho Keno? (Me? Me who? And why are you taking my phone?)

Thief: Ma chaichhe. (Mother wants it)

Me: Keno? O to use korte jane na... (Why? She does not know how to use it...)

Thief snaps back: Ami ki jani keno chaichhe... chaichhe tai dichhi. (How do I know why she wants it. I just know she does)

Me : oh okay.

[I go back to sleep.]

I got completely freaked when I saw what had happened. And police enquiry people laughed their heads off when they heard it.

They weren't laughing when they found a knife though. One of those with old bloodstains on it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? You were at home? This is VERY scary.

Poorna Banerjee said...

i am completely and utterly serious.

weevil girl said...

:O
what shitness!

Poorna Banerjee said...

i know. dammit.

Sukhaloka said...

WTF?!
Sleep with your windows shut, woman! And sue the local municipality for their security or lack thereof. Gah. Scary.

Poorna Banerjee said...

i know. it is.

Heathcliff said...

what the fuck??

ssala jemon bokchod tui, temni dhyamnachod tor chor.

Poorna Banerjee said...

hyaaaaaaa.

Unknown said...

does wierdness follow u??? or is it u who goes out seeking for dem!?!?!!!!!

Poorna Banerjee said...

i think the former is true.

Deepali said...

Wow craziest 'things stolen' story I have heard...

Poorna Banerjee said...

well. it happened.