A Liar's Guide to the Dreams..

In the dead of the night, the dreams come in one by one. They cling to you with soft acceptance, and they know it all..

These are the dreams which leave a note of remembrance. They cling to our tongues like a bittersweet delight.

They feel familiar, though their flavour melts in the mouth... and taste distinctly unusual.


December 21, 2005

Look Back in --???

Well gentle readers, for the last one year and three months I have hated the Perfect Must-see Pujo destination of Kolkata for all those are young at heart... Maddox Square!!

I used to have a certain affection for that place before that time ( for numerous reasons of the heart.... I am sure gentle readers wil be much ashamed to hear my amorous ventures in that place).

How ever, as I was Saying,

The Incident: Last year Ashtami--- a buzzed me had stumbled inside my room after a hefty swig of BACARDI, WHITE MISCHIEF & OLD ADVENTURE at 2.30 in the afternoon. three hours later me was taken, kicking and screaming to Maddox Square, with School friends, and Family... YES FAMILY!!!!

My MOM AND MY 9 year old brat of a sister tagged along my sorry self.

Result: Cool Cute and Cuddly guys stayed off me, the guy I liked ACTUALLY came to talk, and saw my 5'6" 108kg Mummy darling standing guard, and constantly asking... ebar kon pujo dekhte jabo?? (missing the point of coming to the place altogether)and my 9-year old brat screaming... MA PIZZA KHABO!??!??!

Further result: My SEMI-BUZZED Self got rude stares, regretful looks and later, a sound lecture from the BOSS(mai baap)...

Inference- This year I did not go to MADDOX SQUARE on Pujo. I had a bout of MADDOX-FEAR.


HOW EVER... today I had to go to that place for some purpose or other... and whaddaya know?? Its was empty, with a few overbloated ladies trying to slim themselves down to fit themselves into dresses that would barely fit around their thighs, and little brats screaming for attention. All in all, just another park. Nothing special... with grasses and stuffs.

Gentle readers... the next PUJO... I hope I remember this thought, "Its just a Park!!"

No comments: