Ten things I'll do by thirty....
First of all... Let me go ahead and panic and say.... OMIGOD I shall be thirty in SIX.... SIX.... SIX... years.... Ooooohkay..... lets see what I want to do.
10. I want to sky dive. Or bungee jump. Or both. Reason? I have vertigo.
9. Get myself a Tattoo. A proper one, preferably from Goa.
8. That means, I will be going to Goa. WHICH is again, on my list. And I want to stay in a shack there... A proper shack.
7. Make love.
6. The previous comment sort of brought us to the eternal question... Who with? I hope to find the right person to do it with. Right, here I would like to comment on the damned luck I have when I go around looking for the right person... and end up with The Jerk. The Other day I was sort of running an experiment of calling people up and asking them... Erm do you think I fall for the Jerk? I ran this through Andro, Kaichu, D, Peep, Manzy... and guess what? Apart from Manzy, all of them agreed that I fall for jerks. Manzy sort of tried to save grace by saying.... "You fall for the wrong type."
I am stupid. I fall for arrogance. Shit.
5. Live. Alone. Without the family. Oooof, I can't take the family no more.
4. Slim down. Yes, I have had enough with the curveball jokes and the bump-and-grind jokes and the big woman jokes.
3. Be romanced. The way I want to be. Proper courtship.
2. Make people look at me with respect in their eyes. Because I have earned it (With Aretha Franklin singing it in the background...)
1. Fall in love.
Yes, I know. I am stupid. And yes, I am romantic, and allthat. But tonight I saw my Adt get married. My best nerd of a friend... head of the high school priss club... the girl I loved because she was the best defensive strategy planner ever. And looking at her today sort of made me realize that time's a-wasting. I went to the party for a few hours.... because I could not bear not to go. And when I was coming back.... Sayani was in the car with me, staring outside... her eyes were blank. I knew what she was thinking... I was thinking the same thing....
What am I doing?
Its such a question of a question for a girl to see someone she loves fall in love and marry. It makes her biological clock go CUCKOO-CUCKOO-CUCKOO within her soft shell. I wish I was not sentimental. I wish I was not this nyaaka. But it DOES NOT HAPPEN. Really. It makes me wonder even more What the Effing Hell am I doing with my life and is it worthwhile?
Yanyway.... back to my post.
10 things I should be grateful for....
These are not marked... simply because they have no right or left order.... no priorities. Because all of them are sort of equally important.
- My school. And my college. And my University. I respect you, I love you. You gave me build. I do not know how I would have survived some years without your grace.
- Friendship. They have lifted me up when I was in need. They have sheltered me when I was weak. I cannot tell you how much I adore you.... but you know who you are and what you mean to me for simply being there... be it on the other end of the phone, or the other side of this world. For those moments of demolishing a tuna sandwich together, or loitering around in search of kaash phool, or drinking and singing at Oly, or walking miles and miles anywhere... with no direction home, or working together in utter silence, feeling the presence of the other right beside me.
- My room. Its me. Its mine. Its all I have. I can make it or break it as I want to. It does not reject me.... ever. It makes me who I am... and I mess it up as much as I want to. Its my mess and I love it. Aamar ghore aami raani. And my pets who adorn it. I love my Ghotu. Oolikibaajepakhilebaba!!
- My books. Beautiful... you are. All of you. I love you to the point of obsession. I adore you... I worship you. You are what I look for in the end of the day...
- Monty Python. Terry Pratchett. Neil Gaiman. Alan Moore. Borat.
- The Sister. Though she was a result of Absolute Bloody Carelessness in the Parents' part, she gave me a lot. She takes a lot too, but thats for another post when I am pissed with her. Right now I am wearing a little pearl pendant she gave me once. Its beautiful. And she saved for months for it. Makes me want to think sometimes. About me. About her. About how I would stop myself from beating her into a pulp.
- Andromeda. For giving me grace. And for the walks.
- Kaichu. For never mincing the truth.
- Pablo. For scolding me, fighting with me and for giving me long lectures.
- Resilience. With which I can tolerate Andromeda's nyakaami(I daresay I want to slap her sometimes when she snivels and goes Boo Hoo), Chu's eating habit (And trust me I want to put her on a DIET so fast....), and Pablo's Dramabaaji (He should SO be in a Bangladeshi cinema).